Tuesday, March 12, 2013

MUST SEE ARTIST: M a n j e

While searching pinterest for mermaid art for my newborn daughter's nursery, I fell in love with this photo.  My husband and I are both musicians and I'd love to have a piece like this for our daughter who's name will be Aria, means "song."

 No artist credit was given so I put on my internet stalker hat until I finally came across Maldivian artist, M a n j e.

This piece, a commission, uses a medium of acrylics and sharpies, finished with matte fixative.  While I won't be seeing this particular guitar anytime soon, it has definitely inspired a DIY project.  Now, I just need to acquire another guitar and some patience!




While M a n j e is well known for her fantasy art, I was very impressed with the detail in her pencil portraits.  Click on the image for a larger more detailed version:


As always, please support this artist by "liking" her facebook
You can also follow M a n j e on the artist website, DeviantArt.com

No comments:

Post a Comment