Monday, March 11, 2013

MUST HEAR MUSIC: The Shook Twins

"Hauntingly beautiful" my first thought in hearing the The Shook Twins.  I was so taken aback by their talent that I immediately went to share them with everyone I know in the Northwestern states. Although, I'm not quite sure of all the dates of their tour (check out one of their pages for more info) those in Seattle should know that they'll be playing the Tractor Tavern in Ballard on April 5th.  Please let me know if you go because by then I'll have experienced the birth of my daughter, Aria and most likely won't be able to attend.  I'd love to live vicariously through those who are able to go!

"The Shook twins are identical twin sisters originally from Sandpoint, Idaho. They play banjo and guitar with beatboxing, looping, whistles, wawa pedals, tambourines and djembes intertwined. Their identical, chilling vocal harmonies take the lead on most of their unique, quirky folk songs. “The sisters’ voices blend and braid with amazing clarity and depth, their guitars percolate brightly, and the intensity builds to incendiary proportions with layers of percussion gradually added to the mix.” -Spokesman Review (Spokane WA)

Although this isn't a live video, I wanted to share this song "Time to Swim" from their 2011 album "Window" which you can find at Amazon.com here.  I'll provide other links below as means to listen or find a show near you.



This second video is a little snippets of their tour, an interview with twins (and Kyle) talking about their adventures with the created genre "Quirky Folk," their start in music, and how they write, among other things set to their songs "Window" and "Rose."



As always, please support The Shook Twins by "liking" their facebook page and attending their shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment