Sunday, March 10, 2013

MUST SEE ARTIST: MEAR ONE

I came across artist MEAR ONE today.  Definitely someone to check out as his political graffiti and talent give much to think about.  Check out his facebook here to keep following.
"I am a story teller, a thinker and I use paint to express my thoughts first and foremost. I am a sculptor, a writer, and a lover of the experience that blesses us all as a gift, life." - MEAR ONE 
Back of a restaurant called "The Wood" in Culver City, CA
Fueled by Greed
Rise Up Humanity




Beware! America is dying to kill you, or get paid for every step you take


Lesser of Two Evils
 As this is a rather ambiguous painting, I'm including some of the posts from facebook that MEAR ONE posted himself to shed some light on his expression.  There were a lot of posts with many different interpretations as you might imagine. 
"I have an intention but I find your take[s] more intreaging. To get it you have to look deep into the language of art and symbolism. Enjoy and see what you will." 
"I'm talking about the corporate face that is a mask, everyone wears it at one point or another, metaphor." 
"So I believe the trick or the mystery behind door number 2 is the man behind the curtain. I like Obama but I recognize he is a puppet of a broken system. A two partied system. Democracy... sure more like NDAA. Wake up." 
"The meaning is how external forces play at a persons will till they are just a mask for what goes on behind the scenes."



"Revolution," 2012
Lastly, in dedication to his mother and women alike, he tributes this painting "Revolution" for International Women's Day (last Friday) and asks that his fans share this as their facebook profile picture in honor and celebration all month long.
"Join me today and all month long in celebrating the working rights, indeed human rights, of women everywhere by sharing "Revolution" as your new facebook profile picture."  
"Today, being International Women's Day, I am honoring the struggles my mother, and countless women around the world and throughout history have endured. I honor their greatness, beauty, and intelligence, paying them the respect that all human beings inherently deserve with my 2012 silk screen, 'Revolution.'"


As always,"like" him in support and keep following. 

No comments:

Post a Comment